If you’re watching Alpha on a web browser on your computer, please check the following:
- Check that any antivirus/ad-blocking software or firewalls are not blocking content playback. If so, turn them off or whitelist projectalpha.com in your approved list.
- Have the most current version of the browser you’re using installed.
- Make sure you didn’t disable HTML5 playback or HTML5 autoplay playback.
- Check your bandwidth. For the best experience, we recommend a downstream bandwidth of 5 Megabits per second (Mbps) or higher.
- Check that no other bandwidth or memory intensive applications are running. If you have other browsers or browser tabs open, try closing them and see if that improves performance.
- Try restarting the browser, and if that doesn't help try restarting the computer.
If none of the above options work, this might be a problem your modem/router.
- First try restarting your modem/router.
- If this does not work, then you may to change your DNS settings. This is a good list of routers with instructions on how to get to your DNS https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-change-dns-servers-on-most-popular-routers-2617995 Instead of connecting automatically, you can manually use Google's free DNS:
Then try accessing Alpha again.